As children are over exposed to technology and are unable to think for themselves, it becomes very essential that we as parents take the time off and ensure that they are utilizing their skills to the optimum. The DMIT or the fingerprint test is essential in knowing what your child’s capacities, opportunities and shortcomings are. This will enable you to make the right choice or better still leave it to your children to make an informed decision for their life ahead.
Dermatological Multiple Intelligence Test is an ancient scientific study of corrugated skin patterns found on a person’s fingers, palms, toes and soles. These patterns are generally formed during the fetal development stage, which is ordinarily anywhere between 13 to 19 weeks after conception. Research has proved that corrugated skin pattern growths are controlled by chromosomes, and influenced by polygenetic inheritance.
The DMIT technique has been researched and studied by scientists from across the World and is based on knowledge from Genetics, Embryology, Dermatological, Psychology and Neuroscience.
Dermatoglyphics derived from the ancient Greek derma = skin and glyph = carving is the scientific study of fingerprints and was coined by Dr. Harold Cummins, popularly known as the father of American fingerprint analysis. The process of fingerprint identification has been around for years.
Scientists established that an individual’s fingerprint patterns mature in the womb itself and by the fourth month of pregnancy it is fully formed. The core of this research has been re- routed to genetic research and the diagnosis of chromosomal defects.
Dermatoglyphics has in fact led to the study of heart disease, cancer, intestinal disorders, schizophrenia, autism as well as other forms of mental illnesses. However, this is only a work in progress.
About Multiple Intelligence Theory:
- The intelligence level of a child these days is done through an IQ test. However it is limited as it uses only Language, Logic and Mathematics as a base to find the level of intelligence. It completely dismisses their talents in areas like music, sports, art forms, communication etc.
- The theory of multiple intelligence was prepared by Howard Gardner in 1983 to perfectly outline the concept of intelligence and answer whether methods which claim to measure intelligence are truly scientific. According to him, a youngster who understands one subject better than others easily is not necessarily more intelligent than another child as that child may be gifted with other talents.
After a lengthy research Howard defined 8 intelligences:
The DMIT Test will help understand the following about your child
- Dominant and Preferred Learning Style
- Intrinsic talents
- Communication style
- Multiple Intelligence Distribution
- Allocation of various abilities
- Psychological Ability
- Planning Capability
- Innate Work – Management style
Learning styles and methodologies differ and involve a variety of educating methods, that is inherent to an individual on the presumption that the child will be able to adapt comfortably.
The 3 Main Learning Styles Are defined as VAK:
|To teach something||Write instructions||Verbally dictate||Physically Demonstrate|
|Tend to say||I see what you mean||I hear what you are saying||I know how you feel|
|Tend to say||Show me||Tell me||Let me try|
|Learning a new skill||Keenly watch what the teacher is doing||Converse with the teacher||Practically works things out|
|Find it easiest to remember||Faces||Names||Assignments|
|When meeting with an old friend||Say “it’s great to see you!”||Say “it’s great to hear your voice!”||Hug or a handshake|